04 Aug The Benefits of Buying a Home in a Mature Neighbourhood or in a New Community!
The Benefits of Buying a Home in a Mature Neighbourhood or in a New Community!
It is always wonderful and satisfying to be able to have a home, whether in a new or established neighbourhood. Fortunately we all have our own personal tastes, whether it be for newer or older.
There are many benefits to buying a home in a mature neighbourhood such as larger lot sizes, established services, beautiful green spaces, mature trees and generally easier access to services.
- Old growth trees – not the clear-cut method used today to start a house development.
- Lot size and density of neighbourhood is generally lower
- Transportation may be easier, and walking to schools and amenities.
- Developed landscaping, fences, hedges, patios, deck and pools.
- Upgrades in a home, i.e. auto garage door opener, central air conditioner, humidifier, HRV, eavestroughing
- Appliances, blinds, drapes, ceiling fans and light fixtures.
- Finished basements with extra bedroom and bathroom.
I believe that it is good, that we all have a personal opinion of what we like, newer or mature neighbourhood, which creates balance or else we would all be trying to buy the same house.
Newer neighbourhoods offer the latest designs and decor. Open concept style is very popular and the floor plans often have the great room concept instead of a formal living.
- Buyers may enjoy being part of creating the neighbourhood from scratch.
- Some buyers love that they can offer their input to designing the build.
- Able to choose flooring, carpet, kitchen and bathroom styles, the colour theme throughout.
- Energy efficiency – insulation code has increased.
- Closing dates are usually further out giving time to save.
- Everything is under warranty.
There is always an advantage to owning your own home, no matter which neighbourhood, newer or mature.
- A good long term investment
- Building equity
- Stable monthly payment
We are always happy to assist and answer your questions or discuss the Ottawa market with you. We are real estate agents in the greater Ottawa area with the expertise to help you find a home in the neighbourhood of your dreams!