31 Mar Present Market Value of Your Home
Your home’s probable selling price is influenced by the following factors:
- The type and style of your home.
- The condition of your home. (Is it “move in” ready?)
- How well your home shows? (Is it staged?)
- The desirability of the neighbourhood.
- Recent selling prices of similar homes in the area.
- The current demand for a home like yours.
All these factors, especially recent solds in the area, need to be considered in order to come up with the price range within which your property will likely sell.
Why is this information important? If you plan on listing soon, the benefits of knowing the probable selling price is obvious. But even if your plans to move are far down the road, it’s still a good idea to know what your home is worth – today. That information enables you to plan ahead and make better decisions. It’s something worth thinking about.