06 May 10 Important Primary Bedroom Staging Ideas
10 Important Primary Bedroom Staging Ideas
As you may know, staging involves setting up the furniture, art and accessories of each room so that, overall, your home looks as appealing as possible to buyers. It’s similar to what furniture stores do when they create displays of model bedrooms, kitchens, etc.
When you’re staging your home, the primary bedroom is particularly important. Here are some simple staging tips worth trying:
- Put a new neutral comforter on the bed and fresh neutral sheets & pillow cases.
- Update the wattage or add a lamp if the lighting is dim. (Make sure lights are turned on during a viewing.)
- Be ruthless when removing clutter from the room, particularly the closet. Don’t have anything stored under the bed or on the floor.
- Remove some personal items, such as portraits.
- Be a minimalist when it comes to the nightstand. Only have two or three accessories on it and make sure they complement the theme, such as a book, vase, candleholder, etc. Same goes for a dresser, a few items are better.
- If the room is on the smaller side, consider using a mirror to make the bedroom seem larger and more comfortable.
- If you have a reading nook, make a simple vignette with a chair, lamp & a plant.
- If you have a desk/office set up and can accomodate it somewhere else, do so.
- Windows should be clean including the sills and blinds. Its important to have blinds and curtains open to allow natural light in and allow for views of backyards, nice streets, etc. If you have two sets of curtains, consider removing one. Valances tend to reduce the amount of light coming into the home, consider removing them.
- If possible, paint, including the baseboards, window trim, crown moulding & ceiling. Experts say a neutral palette works best.
Ideally, you want to make the bedroom look like a calm and welcoming retreat.
As experienced realtors® in Ottawa, we would love to have a discussion with you to determine the best options to increase the value of your property! We have the expertise to help you sell your home for top dollar!