06 Jun Savvy Negotiation Helps Win the Deal
Savvy Negotiation Helps Win the Deal
Purchasing a home is not the same as buying a product off the shelf. You don’t simply pay the price on the tag and know it’s yours. You can’t just see a home for sale and say, “I’ll take it!”, especially if the market is competitive. Working with us, who have excellent negotiation skills, is key.
We will help you to prepare an enticing offer. That offer, of course, would include the price you propose to pay. That price may or may not be the “price tag” or the asking price. In order for your offer to be successful, it needs other ingredients too. For example, winning offers often include evidence that appropriate financing has been arranged. This gives the seller confidence that you can afford the home and that the deal won’t fall through due to an issue with the mortgage.
Also, you may need to put conditions in your offer, such as making it conditional on selling your current home. You’ll need to be careful here. Adding a condition or two may be necessary to protect your best interests, but may also dissuade the seller from accepting your offer.
Negotiation is perhaps the most important part of the buying process. Even if there are no competing offers, there will likely be back-and-forth discussions about price, conditions, closing dates, and more. Savvy negotiating is critical, not only to ensure you get the home, but also that you get it for the lowest price and best terms possible.
Real estate negotiation is not for the timid. It requires in-depth knowledge of the local market, hard-won negotiating skills, and experience. If you’re selling your home, buying a new home, or both, keep in mind the important role that negotiation has in getting you what you want.
We know the Ottawa communities, what is important when buying and selling a home, and all the intricacies of the process, from finding a home, to negotiating a price, to closing a deal.
- Screen the available homes in your neighbourhood to make sure that the houses you view fit your budget and your requirements.
- Give you important information on local real estate values, taxes, utility costs, services, and amenities.
- Guide you through the viewing process showing you features you may not have noticed and problems you may not have spotted.
- Advise you about your legal and financial options
- Recommend expert help when needed, such as home appraisal, home inspection, and contracting services.
- Manage your offers and counter-offers, and use our skills and experience as negotiators to make sure you get the best deal possible.
Whether purchasing or selling a home in Kanata, Stittsville, Barrhaven and greater Ottawa we are here every step of the way to guide you through all of the different stages. We are always happy to assist and answer any real estate questions you may have!