29 Jul Questions to Ask when Selling your Home
Questions to Ask when Selling your Home
If you’re thinking of selling your house, you probably have a lot of questions that need answers. In fact, knowing the questions to ask when selling your home is key to selling successfully and for the best price.
Here are some of the most important questions to ask:
- How much is our house likely to sell for in today’s market? What should the listing price be? What are the selling costs?
- How long will it take to sell? What happens if our house takes longer than expected to sell?
- How do we prepare our house for the sale? Will we need to make any major improvements? Will we need to hire a contractor?
- What’s ‘home staging’? Will we need to hire a professional stager? Can we do some of that staging work ourselves?
- What happens when we get an offer? What if the offer price is lower than we can accept? How does the negotiation process work?
- What happens after an offer is accepted? What happens on closing day?
- How do we find a new home while selling our current one?
- Besides a good real estate agent, what other professionals do we need? How do we find them?
- What can we do to make the selling process easier and less stressful?
Once you have answers to these questions, you’ll find you’ll be able to go into the selling process with a lot more confidence.
So, if you’re thinking of selling this year, get the answers you need. Then, get the process started!
As experienced realtors® in Ottawa and surrounding areas, we are here to answer all your questions! We will inform you about the present market and the value of your property and help you select the best options to sell your home for top dollar! We have the expertise and contacts to make it easy for you to prepare for market.