04 Mar Finding an Home Improvement Contractor
Looking for a home improvement contractor with the specific skills you need for your home renovation project can be difficult.
Here are some tips:
- Find out if they are truly in business full-time. A part-time or occasional contractor may not have the experience necessary to do a great job.
- Ask about licenses and other credentials. Some contractors have accreditations from professional and trade associations.
- Review their project portfolio. A reputable contractor will have photos and other evidence of work completed for similar clients.
- Check online for reviews. If there are more than five poor reviews within the past three years — that’s a red flag.
- Ask for references. Then, call at least one.
Finally, the best contractors are those that get recommended by people you trust.
Looking for a contractor recommendation? As Ottawa and Kanata Realtors® , The Joan Smith Real Estate Family helps homeowners get the best price for their home by assisting them in finding the right home improvement contractor. Contact us today to get a recommendation.
If you’re thinking of selling your home, be sure to check out our Home Seller’s Guide.