06 Jun Spring Giveaway Weekend – June 8 and 9
Don’t put your unwanted items in the garbage! Your throwaway item may be a hidden treasure for somebody else.
Set them out at the curb during the spring Giveaway Weekend – Saturday, June 8 and Sunday, June 9. You can also join the Giveaway Weekend Facebook Group to see what kind of items people are searching for, or are placing out on the weekend.
Your treasures could include such items as:
- Books, CDs and DVDs.
- Old furniture and small appliances.
- Construction materials – including drywall and hardware such as nails, bolts and screws.
- Kitchen gadgets, dishes, cutlery, pots and pans.
- Unwanted gifts.
Rules for setting out your treasures:
- Place items at the curb.
- Place stickers or signs on items with the word “FREE“
- Ensure any items that you want to keep are away from your set out treasure or tucked away safely in your garage.
- At the end of the day, bring any uncollected gems back to your home.
The Consumer Product Safety Bureau of Health advises that used children’s items such as baby walkers, cribs, car seats, strollers, playpens, bath seats, mattresses, blinds, toys and ther child-related items, should not be placed at the curb for the Giveaway Weekend.
City of Ottawa June 6.