24 Feb Buyers – Opportunities to Purchase Soon
Buyers – Opportunities to Purchase Soon
The value of real estate in a savings portfolio is a cushion to the economy. There comes a time in someone’s life when it starts to make sense to buy a home. It might coincide with a wedding, a new job, or a new baby. Whatever the reason, we are here to guide you through the process. Some questions to ask yourself:
- How is your financial situation?
- How secure is your employment?
- What are you looking for in a home and neighbourhood?
The market is showing signs of a balanced market which will give more opportunities to purchase a home. Now is a good time to start shopping for a Spring and Summer closing date. Real estate provides unique benefits, a place to live, the satisfaction of being a homeowner and a good investment.
The process for searching for a home is first to educate yourself about market value of homes you would be interested in. Make a wish list – What are your needs? Neighbourhood is also an important consideration.
4 Tips For Buying A New House
Buying a house is a huge investment for most. It can be intimidating and overwhelming, especially if you’ve never done it before. Here are some tips to help you have a good experience:
- Register with an real estate agent / realtor®. An experienced real estate agent will explain and guide you through the process and steps. They will also set up a home search so that you will receive all new property listings that match your home search criteria. Working with an experienced Ottawa real estate agent who knows the area(s) where you’re most interested in living will help your search go smoothly and efficiently.
- Make sure you are preapproved for a mortgage and get your finances in order before you start looking at homes. You don’t want to see a house that you love and not be able to afford it! Consider different loan options when shopping for a mortgage. There are many types of loans, and it’s important to make sure you understand the pros and cons of each before selecting one.
- Understand the language and terms of an offer to purchase a home or condo and the associated forms so that you are ready when the time comes. Your realtor® can assist with this.
- Select a lawyer and make sure everything is in place to send to your lawyer i.e, Insurance, Preapproval letter, Agreement of Purchase and Sale and any other relevant documents for the closing process.
We understand the process and procedures and would be happy to help you find your home.