Why Work with The Joan Smith Real Estate Family 1.
Personal direct communication
- Our experienced team approach ensures that we put a consistent effort into marketing your home or when buying, making your search for a new home goes smoothly.
- Our knowledgeable team is able to answer questions from potential purchasers and obtain direct feedback from showings, essential to maximizing marketing dollars. We have full time administration to take care of all aspects of the buying and selling process.
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Effective marketing and consistent advertising
- An effective marketing plan means utilizing resources to price, promote and negotiate a home sale or purchase to meet client objectives. We will execute this plan drawing on team and Royal LePage resources.
- The marketing plan for a property should include an advertising plan that will make the greatest number of purchasers aware that your property is for sale by regularly advertising it in appropriate media for the entire period your house is listed. We consistently advertise your home in multiple papers, web sites and social media.
Some of the promotional tools we utilize include:
- Direct contact with known potential purchasers by telephone, mail or by email
- Weekly print advertising (Ottawa Citizen, Kanata Kourier Standard, The Ottawa Real Estate Book, Lands and Home magazine, The Robb Report Collection, and targeted promotional materials)
- Open houses advertised in 2 different papers and multiple web sites (Joan Smith, Realtor.ca, Homes & Land Ottawa, Royal LePage) and direct follow-up with all contacts
- Listing your property on the Ottawa Real Estate Board’s Multiple Listing Service (MLS) which enables all brokers and more than 3,000 area brokers/sales representatives in the area to be aware of your property
- Well-designed lawn sign – this tool works 24 hours a day
- Descriptive Feature Sheets with photographs, available at open houses and distributed to agents and potential buyers via www.joansmith.com
- Direct mail promotional material advertising “just listed” and “just sold” in your neighborhood
Listing Web presence on multiple sites and personal client pages for ease of communication.
- We give your listing local and worldwide exposure within 48 hours on www.joansmith.com, and the Royal LePage Internet site (www.royallepage.ca ) and on the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) web site Ottawa Real Estate Board – MLS®.
- Listing activity is tracked and regular feedback is available through a private client web page on www.joansmith.com. Updates on new properties for buyers are made available through email and a personal web page before regular web distribution on MLS®.
Skillful price setting and negotiating skills – Effective price setting and negotiating skills is achieved through:
- Experience – with a variety of market conditions, Joan and her team are able to spot trends, adapt marketing strategies, and market homes more effectively, or find exactly what a purchaser is looking for.
- Knowledge – Joan is a certified, registered appraiser and has intimate knowledge of the community and home designs enabling her to analyze the sales of comparable houses and determine how the specific location and characteristics of your home affect the price and marketing strategy.
- Staying abreast of market trends – by utilizing Ottawa Real Estate Board Monthly statistics on home sales and Royal LePage’s local and national research for market analysis and forecasts across the country.
Experience and qualifications
Joan is unique in the industry with 45 years of experience. In addition she has acquired the following designations to further her knowledge to market, value and negotiate on behalf of sellers and buyers.
|Broker||Met requirements to be registered as a broker by the Ministry of Consumer and Commercial Relations as a Real Estate Broker, 1976 (presently administered on behalf of RECO by the Ontario Real Estate Association Real Estate College)|
|FRI||Fellow, Real Estate Institute – successfully completed university courses in real estate, such as urban development and economics|
|CMR||Certified in the Marketing of Real Estate – satisfied the professional, educational and experience requirements for membership in the Real Estate Institute of Canada|
|CRA||Canadian Residential Appraiser – passed all requirements and examinations of the bylaws and regulations of the Appraisal Institute of Canada|
Luc and Victoria are also sales representatives and complement Joan’s marketing skills with the following education and professional experience.
Luc St-Hilaire, Bachelor in Landscape Architecture, University of Montreal – As a former professional in the field of landscape architecture Luc worked on many residential and commercial plans in Ottawa including the Open Space Master Plan for Kanata Lakes. Luc has excellent experience dealing with grading issues, drainage, elevations, and improving overall landscape to achieve maximum curb appeal. As a project manager he worked on renovation projects to a number of federal buildings in Ottawa giving him detailed project management skills and technical renovation knowledge. Luc would be pleased to serve you in English or French.
Victoria Smith, B.Comm, University of Queen’s and MBA, University of Ottawa – Began her career as a management consultant specializing in marketing research and marketing strategy services for private and public sector clients. She has over 15 years in high technology marketing, presenting and interfacing with many customers and marketing technicians. Using her communication and marketing planning skills Victoria can develop and execute a customized home marketing or buying plan.
Why work with Mrs. Joan Smith and her Real Estate Family 1. ?
The bottom line in considering a real estate salesperson is, “What is their track record? What is their education, training, ability, talent, energy, judgment, use of time, and experience that has lead them to their accomplishments?”
The fact is that Joan Smith and her Real Estate Family 1. consistently have been a top producing team in home sales.
Joan and her team would be pleased to service you in English or French.