Tips and Insights
How can Joan and her Real Estate Family 1. help?
Good brokers/sales representatives save you time and money.
They know your community, they know what is important when buying and selling a home, and they know all the intricacies of the process, from finding a home, to negotiating a price, to closing a deal.
Joan and her real estate family 1. will:
- Screen the available homes in your neighbourhood to make sure that the houses you view fit your budget and your requirements.
- Give you important information on local real estate values, taxes, utility costs, services, and amenities.
- Guide you through the viewing process showing you features you may not have noticed and problems you may not have spotted.
- Advise you about your legal and financial options
- Recommend expert help when needed, such as home appraisal, home inspection, and contracting services.
- Manage your offers and counter-offers, and use his or her skills and experience as a negotiator to make sure you get the best deal possible.
How do market conditions affect my position as a buyer?
The real estate market is always changing:
The supply of homes on the market exceeds the demand.
|High inventory of homes. Few buyers compared to availability. Homes are on the market longer. Prices tend to drop.||More time to look for a home. More negotiating leverage.|
There are more buyers looking to buy a home than there are homes on the market.
|Smaller inventory of homes. Many buyers. Homes sell quickly. Prices usually increase.||May have to pay more and make decisions quickly. Conditional offers may be rejected.|
The number of homes on the market is equal to the number of buyers.
|Sellers accept reasonable offers. Homes sell within an acceptable time period. Prices are generally stable.||More relaxed atmosphere. Reasonable number of homes to choose from.|