Results – Top 1% in Canada for 41 Consecutive Years
“We would like to congratulate Mrs. Joan Smith once again for being the top salesperson for the MLS districts comprising Kanata for Royal LePage Team Realty for the calendar year 2012. Joan just completed her 41st year in real estate and, incredibly, she has ranked in the top 1% of our 14,000 franchise colleagues nationally across Canada for 41 consecutive years. This is an astounding achievement that, to the best of our knowledge, is unparalleled in our industry.
It is often said that the best predictor of future success is past results. Through all industry innovations and market fluctuations, Joan has remained at the forefront through adaptation and dedication. Joan's ability to serve and satisfy home sellers and buyers for 4 decades is an awesome achievement that speaks to her continued professionalism and dedication."
Congratulations Joan & Team!
Kent Browne, President & Broker of Record, Team Realty Brokerage
Randy Oickle, B.A., LL.B., V.P., Broker & General Manager
Joan’s longevity in the business has enabled her to develop and maintain a large base of buyers and sellers to network with and put together many more winning combinations.
Personal direct communication
- Our experienced team approach ensures that we put a consistent effort into marketing your home or making your search for a home go smoothly.
- Our knowledgeable team is able to answer questions from potential purchasers and obtain direct feedback from showings, essential to maximizing marketing dollars. We have full time administration to take care of all aspects of the buying and selling process.
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Effective marketing and consistent advertising
- An effective marketing plan means utilizing resources to price, promote and negotiate a home sale or purchase to meet client objectives. We will execute this plan drawing on team and Royal LePage resources.
- The marketing plan for a property should include an advertising plan that will make the greatest number of purchasers aware that your property is for sale by regularly advertising it in appropriate media for the entire period your house is listed. We consistently advertise your home in multiple papers and web sites.
Some of the promotional tools we utilize include:
- Direct contact with known potential purchasers by telephone, mail or by email
- Weekly print advertising (Ottawa Citizen, Kanata Kourier Standard, The Ottawa Real Estate Book, Lands and Home magazine, The Robb Report Collection, and targeted promotional materials)
- Open houses advertised in 2 different papers and multiple web sites (Joan Smith, MLS, The Ottawa Real Estate Book, Royal LePage) and direct follow-up with all contacts
- Listing your property on the Ottawa Real Estate Board’s Multiple Listing Service (MLS) which enables all brokers and more than 2,800 area Realtors® in the area to be aware of your property
- Well-designed lawn sign – this aid works 24 hours a day
- Descriptive Feature Sheets with photographs, available at open houses and distributed to agents and potential buyers via www.joansmith.com
- Direct mail promotional material advertising “just listed” and “just sold” in your neighborhood
Listing Web presence on multiple sites and personal client pages for ease of communication.
- We give your listing local and worldwide exposure within 48 hours on www.joansmith.com, and the Royal LePage Internet site (www.royallepage.ca ) and on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) web site Ottawa Real Estate Board - MLS.
- Listing activity is tracked and regular feedback is available through a private client web page on www.joansmith.com. Updates on new properties for buyers are made available through email and a personal web page before regular web distribution on MLS.
Skillful price setting and negotiating skills – Effective price setting and negotiating skills is achieved through:
- Experience – with a variety of market conditions, Joan and her team are able to spot trends, adapt marketing strategies, and market homes more effectively, or find exactly what a purchaser is looking for.
- Knowledge – Joan is a certified, registered appraiser and has intimate knowledge of the community and home designs enabling her to analyze the sales of comparable houses and determine how the specific location and characteristics of your home affect the price and marketing strategy.
- Staying abreast of market trends – by utilizing Ottawa Real Estate Board Monthly statistics on home sales and Royal LePage’s local and national research for market analysis and forecasts across the country.
Experience and qualifications
Joan is unique in the industry with 41 years of experience. In addition she has acquired the following designations to further her knowledge to market, value and negotiate on behalf of sellers and buyers.
|| Fellow, Real Estate Institute - successfully completed university courses in real estate, such as urban development and economics
||Certified in the Marketing of Real Estate - satisfied the professional, educational and experience requirements for membership in the Real Estate Institute of Canada
||Canadian Residential Appraiser - passed all requirements and examinations of the bylaws and regulations of the Appraisal Institute of Canada
||Met requirements to be registered as a broker by the Real Estate Council of Ontario
Stewart, Luc and Victoria are also licensed sales representatives and complement Joan’s
marketing skills with the following education and professional experience.
Stewart Smith – Born in Ottawa, Stewart’s professional career began as an electrical designer for a private consulting engineering firm. Stewart worked on residential, institutional, commercial and industrial buildings receiving a number of design awards. His engineering experience has provided him with a wide and in-depth knowledge of construction methods and his familiarity with the types of homes and amenities available in Ottawa, is a great asset when assisting clients in finding a home.
Luc St-Hilaire, Bachelor in Landscape Architecture, University of Montreal – As a former professional in the field of landscape architecture Luc worked on many residential and commercial plans in Ottawa including the Open Space Master Plan for Kanata Lakes. Luc has excellent experience dealing with grading issues, drainage, elevations, and improving overall landscape to achieve maximum curb appeal. As a project manager he worked on renovation projects to a number of federal buildings in Ottawa giving him detailed project management skills and technical renovation knowledge. Luc would be pleased to serve you in English or French.
Victoria Smith, B.Comm, University of Queen’s and MBA, University of Ottawa – Began her career as a management consultant specializing in marketing research and marketing strategy services for private and public sector clients. She has over 15 years in high technology marketing, presenting and interfacing with many customers and marketing technicians. Using her communication and marketing planning skills Victoria can develop and execute a customized home marketing or buying plan.
Why work with Mrs. Joan Smith and her Real Estate Family?
The bottom line in considering a real estate salesperson is, “What is their track record? What is their education, training, ability, talent, energy, judgment, use of time, and experience that has lead them to their accomplishments?”
The fact is that Joan
Smith and her Real Estate Family consistently have been a top producing team in home sales. Royal LePage also has the #1 market share in the Ottawa area relative to other realtors.
Joan and her team would be pleased to service you in English or French.